Well today in the halls of Van Meter, we are having 40+ guest coming to visit and see what we are doing here at VM and seeing how we learn.
Most of them are pretty amazed at what we do, how we use our computers and how we are connecting.
They are also confused as what and how we do it!!
We enjoy teaching them how we do, they ask a lot of questions but being able to answer them at my age and helping them understand what we are doing here, it makes me feel like someone that they can come and get their answers for.
I am currently sitting here listening to a few teachers trying to understand some things and their schedules.
It's pretty amazing at what they are doing as well.
Meetings, classes, appointments.
All the good jazz you all know and have heard about before.
Mr. Durflinger is getting ready to speak, He is letting one of some of the teachers talk and tell their story.
I see a teacher using a video device recording the discussion. I guess they want to look back at what we are doing here.
Mrs. Druery is telling her story about how she was teaching and how technology has changed all of their ways of teaching.
(:
When she got more advanced in the web world she realized that our computers that they are amazing tools to use and that it was more of a help then a distraction.
OOOO she just said she purchased an iPad. I think that would be so fun to actually start using but I prefer my computer. (: NO DOUBT
Questions are being asked and answers are being given.
Online? Copy write?
No, it's watched and is worked to have it copy written.
Mrs. Carey's turn to show her new side of technology.
New text books. Classzone.com ( a site you can get help, and it has fun little practices and quizes)
skillsiowa.com as well.
"Have you found your able to use your mathmatical concepts into the kids eyes? Connections? "
"Yes, consumer. Looking up things that help them learn the lessons. "
Mr. Hyer is up next a Junior High Reading teach (he was my fav)
Comic life they read, creating something that they read into something that others can learn about.
Mrs. Miller's turn I think she is ahead of everyone here.
She is so amazing with how she is collaborating with people and how she does things.
Wish I could stay but it's time for biology
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment